Special thanks to all who have taken time to email, comment or tweet suggestions for a tagline for my blog. There have been a lot of good entries and I think we are getting close. But before I tell you which entries I liked most, I’ll share the top 5 entries that will NOT be chosen for my blog.
- #5 - The Breath of God teaches the Squad (Ben R)
- #4 - Saving the soul, one post at a time (Mark S)
- #3 - Welcome to Mr Rogers Neighborhood (@joerazzouk)
- #2 - Because God is too busy to blog (Mark S once again)
- #1 - An ordinary guy, in an unordinary outfit, speaking about extraordinary "stuff". (Joseph Y)
Thanks for all your help guys, but you didn’t make the cut – although that last one was close! However there were some other entries that I feel are heading in the right direction. Before I list them though, let me explain my thinking.
The idea I am trying to get across is what I spoke about in yesterday’s post where I wrote: “The goal of the Church is to take an incomprehensible God, who cannot be seen nor comprehended, and make Him very real and very tangible and very “know-able”. That also is the goal of this blog.
On the About Me page, I wrote:
“The purpose of this blog is to help you see where God wants you to be… how He wants you to live… what your life should look like and could look like if you allowed God to lead it for you. My aim is to help you see that God is:
1. REAL – He wants to be an active part of your life, not just someone we visit on Sundays.
2. RELEVANT – He wants to make something spectacular and magnificent out of your life, something even greater than you can imagine or comprehend
3. REWARDING – He wants you to smile and enjoy the process every day, knowing that you are in good hands and that He always has your best interests at heart
Showing that God is real, relevant and rewarding. That’s my goal. Welcome to my blog."
But as I said before, I don’t think it’s my job to make God real, relevant and rewarding; I believe that He is already is all of those things (and much more). My aim is rather to REVEAL these characteristics to those who haven’t yet experienced them.
So with that said, I am throwing it out back out to you guys. Take a look at the 5 entries below and see if they spark any creative genius.
These are my favorites thus far.
- Making God Real, Relevant, Rewarding (Sylvia)
- Passionately Testifying for A Real, Relevant & Rewarding God (Joseph Y)
- God is real, relevant and rewarding (Jayne)
- Helping you see God’s plan, purpose, and possibilities for your life. (Jayne)
- A life of eternal truth in modern times. (Diana B)
These are all very good and I really appreciate those who took the time to suggest them. But while they are all good, I’m not sure if we’ve hit the perfect one yet (fyi – I am a perfectionist in case you couldn’t tell).
So get those creative juices flowing and send me your tagline. Send your suggestions either via twitter – just use #franthonytagline – or send an email to email@example.com or simply add a comment to this blog post. We’ll keep the contest open for 2 more days and then we’ll close up the contest at the end of the day on Wednesday, April 25.
For more information on what constitutes a good tagline, please see my original post on the subject. Thanks for all your help guys. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!